Columbus, OH 43230
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
Shift hours are Monday through Friday 7AM-5PM
– Providing load information to the drivers.
– Approving EFS Checks
– Performing track and trace on current loads
– Replying to customer service requests
– Assist with yard checks and coordinating the placement of our trailers.
– Coordinating with company drivers to support dispatching needs.
– Available for emergency on-call rotation on nights and weekends.
– Update pass-on information daily.
Must have the ability to supervise yourself and have exemplary interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the dispatch operations; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to sales; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
- Performs a variety of duties to support the Dispatch team as follows:
- Coordinate and dispatch appropriate trucks and personnel as job orders come in.
- Monitor GPS to ensure punctual departure/arrival of all vehicles dispatched. Immediately contact drivers and follow-up on any late departures/arrivals or other issues.
- Manage the staging of trucks and personnel between all regions.
- Ensure trucks are properly set up to haul material being hauled.
- Professionally handle all incoming calls.
- Consistently monitor job progress and communicate to the supervisor.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the workplace.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the company’s compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Qualifications and Skills
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; proficient mechanical skills, proficient PC skills, including Internet and information technology; visual and auditory skills; ability to stand, sit, bend, reach, climb, and lift items weighing 25 lbs. or less. Must be able to prioritize, use abstract reasoning, and multi-task.
Experience: A minimum of one (1) year experience in related positions normally required.
Job Type: Full-time
Dispatch: 2 years
Required license or certification:
Benefits (After the required employment period)
PTO – 10 hours earned each month
Paid Holidays Off (After required employment period)
Medical, Vision and Dental available